Books and articles by Jens Soering
Jens has published 6 books in English language, 5 books in German language and approx. 50 articles.
Books in English language
"A Far, Far Better Thing"
Did a Fatal Attraction Lead to a Wrongful Conviction?
Jens Soering and Bill Sizemore Foreword by Martin Sheen
Lantern Books (2017) | ISBN: 978-1-59056-564-3
"The Convict Christ"
What the Gospel Says about Criminal Justice
Orbis Books (2006) | ISBN: 978-1570756481 | Information / Reading Sample
Buy now on Amazon
In its March/April 2005 issue, Prism magazine (published by Evangelicals for Social Action) printed an article of Jens' called "The Convict Christ" (click to read). This piece is, essentially, the Introduction to The Convict Christ - What the Gospels Say about Criminal Justice.
2007 Catholic Press Association Awards
First Prize | Category: Social Concerns
"We found The Convict Christ very compelling and well-written. The topic is timely, and the author’s perspective is challenging and well-researched. It is a wonderful book for Christians who are ready to confront our society’s “lepers” -- prison inmates. The volume is easy to read and well-organized, and we especially appreciated the integration of Scripture, personal stories and broader reflections."
"An Expensive Way to Make Bad People Worse"
An Essay on Prison Reform from an Insider's Perspective
"Ein Tag im Leben des 179212"
Audio Statement for Lent 2013
For Lent 2013, the Church of the Sacred Heart in Camden, New Jersey, organized a series of events based on some of Jens’s books. He also provided an audio statement.
- Mostly Prison Reform, with a little Religion
- For Toolbox, Radical Grace, Fall/2007
- Persistent Widow, Unjust Judge, Celebration, 10/2004
- Hallmark Hank's last free Christmas, Catholic Peace Voice, Nov-Dec/2004
- The Bad Thief, America, 12/6/2004
- The First to Throw a Stone, Pastoral Life, 4/2004
- Another Easter Statistic, America, 4/12/2004
- Another Christmas Statistic (republished), CrossCurrents, Winter/2004
- The Rest of Their Days in Prosperity, Pastoral Life, 11/2003
- He Who Has Eyes, America, 8/18/2003
- For God cuts down gates of bronze, Catholic Peace Voice, Jul-Aug/2003
- What I Learned from Flickin' Joe, Justice Reflections (U.K.), Nr. 2/2003
- Mostly Religion, with a little Prison Reform
- Every Step on this Road, Radical Grace, Apr-May-Jun/2006
- The Convict Christ, Prism, Mar-Apr/2005
- On Penitence and Penitentiaries, National Catholic Reporter, 3/19/2004
- Blast of the Divine, Sojourners, Sep-Oct/2003
- The Kenotic Convict, The Merton Annual, Vo1. 16/2003
- From Buddhist to Papist (republished), Emmanuel, May-Jun/2003
- The Least of these Brothers, Faith @ Work, Spring/2003
- From Buddhist to Papist (republished), Pastoral Life, 3/2003
- Our Prisons Can Be Instruments of Grace, This Rock, 2/2003
- “Straight” Religion
- Justice, Justice Thou Shall Pursue, Justice Reflections (U.K.), Winter/07, Nr. 16/2007
- Be Born in Us Today, Pastoral Life, 12/2004
- The Inner Experience, The Merton Annual, Vol. 17/2004
- Ein Lauter Nichts, Celebration, 7/2004
- The Flame Has Lit Up the World from Within, Pastoral Life, 6/2004
- Osama bin Laden and a Return to a Perennial Theory of Mystical Union, Monastic Interreligious Dialogue Bulletin, May/2004
- Giving Birth to the Son in Us, Emmanuel, Jan-Feb/2004
- Gluttony, Avarice and Vainglory, Emmanuel, Sep-Oct/2003